This is digitalised collection of testing resources created and published by Lisa Crispin and Janet Gregory in their book “More Agile Testing: Learning Journeys for the Whole Team“. For more details on their work, visit http://agiletester.ca.
All already digitalised and checked parts in this series: Introduction, Learning For Better Testing, Planning, Testing Business Value, Investigative Testing, Test Automation, What Is Your Context?, Agile Testing in Practice.
Part II: Learning for Better Testing
Links goes to amazon.com. No affiliate links.
- Lyssa Adkins, Coaching Agile Teams: A Companion for ScrumMasters, Agile Coaches, and Project Managers in Transition, Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Gojko Adzic, Specification by Example: How Successful Teams Deliver the Right Software, Manning, 2011.
- Jurgen Appelo, Management 3.0: Leading Agile Developers, Developing Agile Leaders, Addison-Wesley, 2010.
- Lee Copeland, A Practitioner’s Guide to Software Test Design, Artech House, 2004.
- Rachel Davies and Liz Sedley, Agile Coaching, Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2009.
- Esther Derby, Don Gray, Johanna Rothman, Gerald M. Weinberg, Readings for Problem- Solving Leadership, LeanPub, 2013.
- Edward De Bono, Thinking for Action, DK Publishing, 1998.
- Markus Gärtner, ATDD by Example: A Practical Guide to Acceptance Test-Driven Development, Addison-Wesley, 2012.
- Ellen Gottesdiener, Requirements by Collaboration: Workshops for Defining Needs, Addison-
- Andy Hunt, Pragmatic Thinking and Learning, Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2008.
- Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2011.
- Cem Kaner, Sowmya Padmanabhan, and Douglas Hoffman, The Domain Testing Workbook, Context Driven Press, 2013.
- Craig Larman and Bas Vodde, Scaling Lean & Agile Development: Thinking and Organizational Tools for Large-Scale Scrum, Addison-Wesley, 2008.
- Robert C. Martin, Agile Software Development: Principles, Patterns, and Practices, Prentice Hall, 2002
- Robert C. Martin, Clean Code: A Handbook of Software Craftsmanship, Prentice Hall, 2009.
- Robert C. Martin, The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct for Professional Programmers, Prentice Hall, 2011.
- Jeff “Cheezy” Morgan, Cucumber and Cheese: A Testers Workshop, LeanPub, 2013.
- Tim Ottinger and Jeff Langr, Agile in a Flash: Speed Learning Agile Software, Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2011.
- Kerry Patterson, et al., Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When the Stakes Are High, 2nd Edition, McGraw-Hill, 2001.
- Johanna Rothman, Hiring Geeks That Fit, Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2012.
- Virginia Satir, The Satir Model: Family Therapy and Beyond, Science and Behavior Books, 1991.
- Charles N. Seashore, Edith Whitfield Seashore, and Gerald M. Weinberg, What Did You Say? The Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback, Bingham House Books, 1997.
- Wendy Sullivan and Julie Rees, Clean Language: Revealing Metaphors and Opening Minds, Crown House Publishing, 2008.
- Jean Tabaka, Collaboration Explained: Facilitation Skills for Software Project Leaders, Addison-Wesley, 2006.
Blog Posts and Online Articles
- Appelo, Jurgen, “Feedback Wrap,” 2013.
- Ariely, Dan, “Are We in Control of Our Own Decisions?” , 2008.
- Bolton, Michael, “User Acceptance Testing,” 2006 and “Critical Thinking for Testers,” 2012.
- Cockburn, Alistair, “Characterizing People as Non-Linear, First-Order Components in Software Development,” 1999.
- Cockburn, Alistair, “Hexagonal Architecture: The Pattern: Ports and Adapters,” 2005.
- Crispin, Lisa, “Applying the Dreyfus Model of Skill Acquisition,” 2012.
- Gregory, Janet, “About Learning 2” , 2010.
- Guest, David, “The Hunt Is On for the Renaissance Man of Computing,” The Independent (London), 1991.
- Hendrickson, Elisabeth, “The Agile Acid Test,” 2010.
- Karten, Naomi, “Are You Listening?,” Agile Connection, 2009.
- Keogh, Liz, “The Deliberate Discovery Workshop,” 2012.
- Knight, Adam P., “T-Shaped Tester, Square Shaped Team,” 2013.
- Lambert, Rob, “T-Shaped Testers and Their Role in a Team,” 2012.
- Levison, Mark, “The Beginner’s Mind—An Approach to Listening,” InfoQ, 2008.
- McMillan, Darren, “Mind Mapping 101,” Better Testing, 2011.
- Myers & Briggs Foundation, “MBTI Basics” .
- Ruhland, Bernice Niel, “Developing Your Leadership Skills through a Journal Club,” 2013.
- Tatham, Elizabeth, “Roles in Open Source Projects,” OSS Watch, 2010, updated 2013.
- Toastmasters International.
- Tung, Portia, “Power of Play,” 2011.
- Vaage, Carol, “Play and Learning for Children” .
- Wedig, Steve, “A Software Developer’s Reading List,” 2014.
- Wikipedia, “5 Whys,” 2014.
- Wikipedia, “Ishikawa Diagram,” 2014.
- Wikipedia, “Socratic Questioning,” 2014.
Courses, Conferences, Online Communities, Podcasts
- Agile Coach Camp .
- Balamurugadas, Ajay, et al., “Weekend Testing” .
- Crispin, Lisa, and Janet Gregory, moderators, Agile Testing Mailing List.
- Derby, Esther, Johanna Rothman, and Gerald M. Weinberg, “Problem-Solving Leadership Course,” 2014.
- Gärtner, Markus, “Testing Dojos”.
- Haines, Corey, et al., Coderetreat.
- Kaner, Fiedler and Associates, “Test Design: A Survey of Black Box Testing Techniques,” 2014.
- Khoo, Trish, and Bruce McLeod, “TestCast”.
- Larsen, Michael, TWiST podcasts.
- Satir Global Network.
- Sherry, Rosie, et al., Software Testing Club online community.
- Starter League, beginner-focused software school.
- Weirich, Jim, and Joe O’Brien, Neo Ruby Koans.