New Podcast – QR

I am not a fan of podcasts because I struggle to focus all my attention to only one sense. But today I saw the info about new podcast made by Keith Klain and got curious. I opened the link and my first reaction was – are you KIDDING me? Over 1 hour!!! Who can concentrate to listen to something for so long? But I wanted to hear a lot what they talked about testers mental health, so I clicked the play button.

I listened to it all in one piece and was blown away how open Trish and Keith tell stories about their professional life and personal struggles. I wish I could listen to them 9 years ago when I started to work in testing and felt not enough.

I was so hooked that I continued and listened to the other QR podcast with Damian. He sold me his workshop :) and surprised by diving deep for meaning and analysing failures. I thought I am good at this, but he takes it in a new level.

Trish and Damian both are consultants and both has beautiful and informative websites.

Now I have just one question: Keith, when comes the next?

State Of Testing

congratulations

Guys of “PractiTest” and “TeaTime with Testers” with serious advisory board: Jay Philips, JeanAnn Harrison, Rajesh Mathur, Ben Linders, Justin Rohrman, and Jerry Weinberg – are doing that again – organising survey to get a picture of current state of testing. 

We all are curious how fellow testers are doing in other side of globe or next door. Here is link to results of survey from the last yearInteresting, right? But if you are attentive than will notice that 1000 participants is great, but to be able to do qualitative analysis, it is not enough. How to change it? Participate! And send a link to your colleague as well!

The organisers write that it will take 10 or less minutes to fill the survey . I timed my input – it took me 23:22 to fill it, including looking for currency calculator and tweeting about question 22. 

Why do I support this survey by writing blog post? Because I like data. Last year there were at least 1000 testers who take their profession serious. How many will be this year?

You may answer the survey now

Ping To All Testers in Germany

germanymap

Already some time I am collecting blog links to software testers, who are based in Germany. Why? Because I live in Germany and this is very special (in all kind of meanings) country. And because I would like to break this wave, what I have seen mostly in Germany, work 8h without a lot of thinking, then go home and do something fun.

According to German Testing Board data, there are more than 45 000 ISTQB certified testers in Germany(end of 2015). As I got to know the number (that time it was 10 000 less), my first idea was – where are they? What do they test and how? Where do they share their testing experiences?

I think German testers has more to share with the world. I invite you to help me to find positive, inspiring people and share they work with the community.

P.S. I have nothing against other countries or nations, I just want to wake up this one particular.

Community Suffer

pardomas

Testing community has something like bastard kid syndrome. We are there, we are doing pretty good, but no one notices that.

Desperate longing for acknowledgement.

That is what makes us all together ill.

By now it should be clear that no one will come to legalise us. Our happiness is in our own hands.

If you do not like ISTQB, than come with better idea, but stop simply complaining! Stop unfruitful debates who dare to be in community and who not, cooperate and collaborate to build it better! Choose testing “school” which fits you the best and start to contribute actively!

I Did It!!!

Week ago I launched local testing meet-up with code name “test paradise”. First idea to organize gathering for testers I got  ­~ 5 years ago, but in summer 2014 I decided to make it happen.

First meeting attended 15 people from 8 different companies. We used Lean Coffee format(first time in our lives) and got interesting collection of ideas. Next time we will meet January 2016.

Still can not believe that it happened, that it is real and not just idea in my head. Feel very happy and motivated.